NIBA established a Conference Internship Program for the purpose of assisting college students nearing graduation in their efforts to secure a position in the financial services industry. The Internship Program is structured around NIBA’s four quarterly conferences. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be introduced to and network with the principals and management of NIBA Member Firms, Associate Member Firms and the CEO’s of many of America’s finest emerging growth companies. There are 2 Internship positions available at each NIBA Conference.
The program is available to the following majors:
- International Business
- Real Estate.
If you are interested in applying for an internship please email the following information to Emily Foshee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name, address, phone number and email.
- School name and contact information for program advisor.
- Current grade point average.
- Please include a one-page cover letter in which you summarize your background, activities and career plans, indicate if there is any particular type of company/organization for which you would like to work and why you want to be considered for this program.
- Attach a copy of your resume if applicable.
If you are chosen for NIBA’s Internship Program you will be expected to sign a code of conduct agreement and meet the following indicated requirements. Please note that Intern responsibilities, attendance, and suitable conduct are at the sole discretion of NIBA Management. Behavior deemed as inappropriate will be reason for dismissal from the Conference.
The following items are expected of interns at each conference:
- You will be responsible for paying your own airfare and transportation to and from NIBA Conferences.
- Suitable business attire at all meetings and functions.
- Assist NIBA Staff with the Wednesday afternoon conference set-up.
- Assist the NIBA Staff at the conference registration desk as needed throughout the day on both Thursday and Friday.
- Assist the NIBA Staff with Friday afternoon Conference break-down.
- There will also be various errands, including copying, packing, and unpacking, etc.
In turn, NIBA will provide:
- Hotel lodging at the Conference.
- NIBA will waive any Conference registration fees for Interns.
- The following meals will be provided (breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon breaks on both Thursday and Friday).
- Access to the Wednesday evening and Thursday evening cocktail parties (prime NIBA networking opportunities).
- When you are not assisting the NIBA Staff you will be able to attend the presentations and networking functions.
To date 17 Interns have participated in NIBA Conferences, some more than once. Most of these individuals are working in the industry today.
- “Thank you so much for, once again, allowing me to attend the NIBA Conference in Hollywood, Florida. The NIBA Conferences are such a valuable experience that will truly impact my career path and direction in life. By being a senior intern with NIBA, I have gained a much better understanding of the role that these regional and independent brokerages, investment banking firms, and related capital market service providers play in the financial industry. I have also learned a lot by attending the presenting company breakout sessions. The best part is the networking involved with top industry professionals that you can learn so much from and possibly even get a job offer with. There is no substitute for the experience and opportunity provided through an internship with NIBA.”
Sean Chreky, Investment Advisor at National Securities
Graduated May 2007 from the University of Florida with MS Finance – GPA: 3.56
Graduated April 2006 from Florida State University with a BS in Business Administration, Cum Laude, GPA: 3.53, including a double major in Finance and Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- “My NIBA internship experiences greatly exceeded my expectations. Most people falsely generalize internships as an array of tedious tasks where often little hands on experience is gained. By having the opportunity to participate in various NIBA conferences I increased my investment banking knowledge, learned from successful professionals, and began to understand the effort, motivation, marketing, and business skills it takes to successfully build a start-up business. I came out of every NIBA presentation feeling more informed and I highly recommend the program to future candidates who strive to gain invaluable concepts and experience by participating in NIBA events.”
Brett Birman, Associate at Treasury Partners
Graduated April 2008 from the University of Florida, BS Finance.
- “Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be an intern for the National Investment Banking Association. The experience was very rewarding, and I witnessed a different side to the world of business. You created the perfect situation for me; I was able to network with distinguished individuals in the financial world. I was exposed to the latest and most creative technologies. The entire process really opened my eyes to the world of investment banking.”
Jeffrey Walker, Insurance Advisor at Global Financial Advisory
Graduated May 2008 from the University of Florida
For more information please email Emily Foshee at email@example.com.